In today’s article, a collection of questions and answers related to Vedic civilization in various competitive examinations has been given based on the SSC Ghatnachakra book.
From here you can test your preparation and do better than before.
We are going to present questions and answers related to Vedic civilization:-
(1) Who is the most prominent deity in ‘Rigveda’?
(2) Upanishad books are _.
(b) on philosophy
(3) Out of the four well-known alphabets, which letter was in the first place?
(4) Shrimad Bhagavad Gita is a part of which book?
(5) What is called the Adi Granth of Indian Music?
(6) Which Veda gives information about the oldest culture of the Vedic age?
(7) Barley, wheat, rice and tobacco, which crop was not known to the people of the Vedic period?
(8) Which is the oldest literary heritage of mankind?
(9) Which is the oldest of the four Vedas?
(d) Karma Veda
(10) Into how many varnas were people divided in ancient India?
(11) The famous dialogue between Nachiketa and Yama is mentioned in which Upanishad?
(12) What is Upanishad?
(b) Source of Hindu Philosophy
(13) Ayurveda, Yajurveda, Gandharvaveda and Sylph Veda, which one is not counted under Upveda?
(d) Sylph Veda
(14) In which language are the Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and Dharmasutras written?
(15) Which Veda deals with religious rituals?
(d) Sylph Veda
(16) What was the main food of the Vedic Aryans?
(a) Barley and Rice
(b) Milk and its products
(c) Rice and Pulses
(d) Vegetables and Rice
(17) Which of the following other human beings was among the first to use the distance?
(a) barley (yew)
(18) Which metal was first used by the Vedic people?
(19) The word ‘Vaid’ means_____.
(20) In the early Vedic period-Varna system was based on_____.
(a) on education
(b) at birth
(d) on intelligence
(21) Which three Vedas are jointly called Vedas, Tariya?
(a) Rigveda, Yajurveda, Arthaveda
(b) Rigveda, Samdev, Arthaveda
(c) Rigveda, Samdev, Yajurveda
(d) Yajurveda, Samdev, Arthveda
(22) Ayro was successful in his struggle with Ayro-Purvo because__
(a) They used elephants on a large scale
(b) they were taller and stronger
(c) They belonged to an intrinsically urban culture
(d) They used chariots driven by horses
(23) The Rigvedic Aryans were pastoral people, this is confirmed by the fact that __
(a) There are many references to cow in Rigveda
(b) Most of the wars were fought for the cow
(c) The gifts given to the priests were usually cows and not land
(d) All of the above
(24) Who was the first European to call ‘Arya’ a caste?
(a) Sir William Jones
(b) H.H Wilsom
(d) General Cunningham
(25) Where is the oldest Bashti of Aryan tribes?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Shapt Sindhu
(26) Which of the following tribal assembly was normally involved in the election of the tribal chieftain (Mukhiya) ?
(27) From where is the ‘famous’ Gayatri Mantra taken?
(d) Karma Veda
(28) What were the taxes that the states collected from their people in the Vedic age, what were they called?
(29) The details of coronation ceremonies have been given in which of the following?
(b) Vishnu Purana
(c) Atreya Brahmin
(30) The ‘Sthyameva Jyate’ engraved on the Indian emblem has been taken?
(b) Matsya Purana
(c) Bhagavad Gita
(31) Which of the following scholars chose Ajay Yajnavaktay in the debate?
(32) Which of the following marriages was not considered legal in ancient India?
(a) Dev Vivah
(b) Arsha Vivah
(c) solemn marriage
(d) Brahma marriage